We provide comprehensive representation with respect to estate planning and wealth transfer matters to families, individuals, estates and trusts, closely-held businesses and foundations. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of estate and wealth-transfer planning services to assist in minimizing the impact of taxes and to fulfill our clients' dispositive desires and fiduciary obligations. We strive to combine creativity with practicality in finding appropriate solutions. A significant focus of our practice is advising individuals concerning sophisticated wealth transfer issues. Our services include:
- Administration of decedent's estates
- Advance health-care directives
- Business succession strategies
- Buy-sell agreements
- Charitable gifts
- Charitable trusts
- Estate, inheritance and gift tax returns
- Family foundations
- Gift-tax planning
- Irrevocable trusts, life insurance trusts
- Post-mortem tax planning strategies
- Powers of attorney
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements
- Trust administration
- Trust agreements
- Trust and estate controversy
- Trust reformation
- Represented personal representatives and beneficiaries in estate matters involving a series of complex disclaimers.
- Counseled personal representative in connection with the negotiation and preparation of a complicated family settlement agreement.
- Represented family members with respect to a multi-million dollar conservatorship in which substantial assets were distributed pursuant to a complex estate plan.
- Represented personal representative with respect to a decedent’s estate in which claims were filed and litigated, and which included matters relating to the determination of amounts owed to second surviving spouse pursuant to an Election against the Will.
- Counseled owners of closely-held businesses with respect to sophisticated estate-planning matters and business-succession matters.
- Assisted client with respect to a substantial sale of business interests to an intentionally defective grantor trust.
- Represented clients in connection with the establishment of grantor retained annuity trusts and charitable remainder unitrusts.
- Assisted clients with respect to the preparation of a qualified personal residence trusts.
- Represent high net worth family with respect to planning aspects involving substantial business holdings.
- Represented client concerning complex trust to effectuate marital planning matters.
- Represented personal representatives of estate and trustees of trusts involving substantial and diverse assets (e.g. business interests, natural resources, real estate interests, and complex disposition issues and collections).