Wooden & McLaughlin’s business attorneys recognize the many questions and issues facing entrepreneurs and business owners. We start by listening and doing our best to understand each company’s industry and challenges. We examine the facets of a particular situation to assist in determining our client's objectives and then help implement a solution. Our clients’ success is critically important to us. Perhaps that is why many of our business clients have been with us from "day one" – they know that we put their interests first.
In today’s fast-paced business world, our clients are frequently faced with new challenges. We provide advice with respect to the myriad of issues that arise during the life-cycle of a business. Our services include:
- Business litigation
- Business succession planning
- Buy-sell agreements
- Contract negotiation and preparation
- Distribution and marketing agreements
- Emerging businesses
- Employee incentive compensation
- Employee stock appreciation rights/phantom stock plans
- Employment agreements
- Entity governance and advice to management
- Entity structure and formation
- Family limited partnerships and family limited liability companies
- Health care providers
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Mergers, acquisitions and sales
- Wealth transfer and estate planning
Our years of experience representing family-owned and privately-held businesses allow us to bring a unique perspective to the opportunities and challenges facing our clients. Please see our separate section for Family and Closely Held Businesses
under our Industries served.
Mergers and Acquisitions
LLCs / Partnerships / S Corporations
- Represented media company in its sale of assets to a media conglomerate.
- Represented purchaser in connection with a multi-million dollar purchase of real estate and business interests.
- Served as counsel for a client in connection with its multi-million dollar acquisition of a diversified supply business.
- Served as buyer's counsel in connection with a multi-million dollar acquisition of electrical motor company.
- Assisted client with regional industrial services business with respect to its multi-million dollar sale of assets.
- Represented supply company with respect to a several multi-million dollar business acquisitions of distributors.
- Served as counsel for beverage distributor with respect to its multi-million dollar sale of assets.
- Represented industrial gases company in numerous asset acquisitions.
- Served as counsel for a financial institution with respect to its purchase of a state bank.
- Represented family member in connection with his purchase of family business interests.
- Served as buyer's counsel with respect to the acquisition of a warehouse/distribution business.
- Prepared buy-sell agreements and business succession plans for multiple businesses.
- Drafted LLC operating agreements and constituent documents for various businesses, including investment advisory, real estate, brokerage, technology, and restaurant.
- Negotiated a supply agreement for a multi-million dollar UK distributor, in connection with client's purchases from a U.S. company.
- Created and developed a strategic alliance/joint venture agreement by and between a virtual web-hosting company and a business IT services company.
- Negotiated and drafted a national distributor agreement for a local manufacturing company.
- Represented a biotechnology company in connection with processing and storage arrangements.
- Create agreements governing the development, use, and supply of software and databases.
- Assisted clients with implementation of alternative compensation arrangements, including stock appreciation rights (SARs).