Wooden & McLaughlin attorneys regularly represent dentists and dental practices in connection with the formation of dental practice entities, the acquisition and disposition of dental practices, and the buying and selling of partial ownership interests in existing dental practices or groups. We are committed to helping dentists and dental practice clients avoid unexpected expenses and legal liabilities while allowing for easy transitions in the event of acquisition or disposition.
Business Services. We assist dental practice clients with various asset and ownership interest sales and purchases. We also offer employment law counsel and training to help our dental practice clients navigate the many laws governing management and compensation of employees and contractors. The following are some of the business services we regularly perform for our clients:
- Entity structuring and formation
- Structuring of complex transactions, including purchase price allocations to minimize tax implications
- Preparation and review of documentation for acquisitions and dispositions, including asset purchase agreements
- Preparation of employment policies and handbooks
- Preparation of employment contracts and non-compete agreements
- Counsel concerning hiring, evaluating, compensating, disciplining, and terminating employees and contractors
Leasing and other Real Estate-Related Services. Wooden & McLaughlin attorneys also have expertise in connection with the real estate-related issues affecting our dental practice clients. The following are a few of the real estate services we provide to our dental practice clients:
- Leasing/Space Sharing
- Acquisition and disposition
- Zoning and permitting
- Property Due Diligence
Litigation Services. Wooden & McLaughlin’s litigation attorneys have broad expertise in handling disputes that may arise in connection with our client’s dental practices, including actions related to employment and termination of employees, non-competition agreements, lease disputes, and contract litigation.
Estate Planning and Succession/Transition Planning. Our attorneys provide advice and counseling regarding estate planning and tax planning strategies, including preparation of Wills, Trusts, Health Care directives. Our services include preparation of associate buy-in documents and other transition documentation and services.