Wooden & McLaughlin understands that efficient, dependable technology is crucial to a successful law practice. Our commitment to technology fosters efficiency, saves money and reliably connects us to clients.
The firm is committed to utilizing the best and most practical technology solutions for our firm and our clients. We use sophisticated programs improve our research, document production, e-filing, and client communication. With this new web site, we will have a continually updated and interactive Web site capable of easily communicating important changes to legislation or case law that directly affect our clients’ businesses. Most attorneys carry handheld devices that allow them to access their email wirelessly from any location.
Following are a few specific Wooden & McLaughlin technology assets:
– With the use of WorkSite, Wooden & McLaughlin can securely and consistently manage documents, e-mails, scanned paper – any form of client content – in a unified client file. Our attorneys can access client files from laptops or mobile devices.
– This software, designed for the desktop or laptop, helps attorneys and paralegals efficiently manage case information such as transcripts and documents with the benefits of full-text imaging/PDF support, OCR on-the-fly, electronic evidence support and comprehensive production tools. It is America’s #1 litigation support software. It allows our professionals to:
- Track, store and organize all case materials;
- View any scanned or electronic document with a single click;
- Enjoy immediate access to transcripts with a live feed from the court reporter;
- “Mark up” documents and pictures with digital pens, highlighters and other tools;
- Bates stamp, redact and segregate documents for production;
- Share materials safely with experts, co-counsel and opposing counsel;
- Make documents searchable with built-in OCR technology;
- “Freeze” searchable documents for safe and secure production.
– Our attorneys have the ability to securely log onto our network from remote locations.
- With email as the preferred method for corporate communication, the firm wanted to insure that emals could not be intercepted and read by others. To maintain the confidentiality of private information sent via email, and to ensure compliance with privacy regulations such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITECH”), and the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (“GLB”), we encrypt emails through Zix Corporation, the leader in email encryption services.
This service will help us protect sensitive information, such as social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, and medical information, all within our email communications. And just as important, it is minimally intrusive for recipients of the encrypted emails. They receive instructions on how to open the email through a quick registration process.
One part of the service will scan the email content of all outbound messages, including subject line, message body and attachment(s), and compare the content against policies to comply with privacy regulations. In addition, if the information is not protected under privacy laws and regulations but still sensitive, the attorney also has the ability to encrypt the email with a single click of their mouse.
– While serious business-impacting events are difficult to predict, Wooden & McLaughlin has developed a business continuity plan designed to permit our firm to continue and/or resume operations as quickly as possible. We continuously back up our data to an off-site secure facility.
This plan has been designed and tested to allow quick recovery and resumption of business operations after a significant business disruption. We put this plan into place to safeguard our clients, attorney’s and staff’s welfare, property and intellectual assets. It provides our clients the assurance that their records and data are protected.